K. R. McKinnon of Port Coquitlam BC (“Ron”), hereby grants a non-exclusive license to use the Ranked-Pairs Workbench software (“the Software”) pursuant to the terms of the Apache Licence 2.0, the definitive version of which is available at the Apache website, but here summarized as follows:
- use the Software on any computer;
- copy the Software for archival purposes, provided any copy contains all of the original Software’s proprietary notices.
You may NOT:
- permit others to use the Software except under the terms listed above;
- modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction),
- create derivative works based on the Software;
- copy the Software (except as specified above);
- rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Software;
- remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software.
- The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described above.
- On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation.
The Software is offered free of charge, and, frankly, worth every penny. However:
- The Software is under on-going development and is by no means considered to be a reliable end-user tool.
- The Software is provided on an AS-IS basis, without warranty of any kind, including without limitation any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by you. Should the Software prove defective, you and not Ron assume the entire cost of any service and repair.
- Ron is not responsible for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damage of any character including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses.
- Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain in Ron. The Software is protected by international copyright treaties.
This software is, strictly, unsupported. I do, however, profess an interest in ensuring that things work correctly and so, keeping the above in mind, do feel free to email me at:
This software incorporates portions of various third-party offerings. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights to such products remain with their present owners.
- A suite of Java classes provided by Luminal Technologies, Inc. pursuant to their respective offering under the Apache Licence 2.0.
- Selected free icons offered by Aha-Soft (Copyright © 2009 Aha-Soft. All rights reserved.)
- For CSV (comma-separated-value) files, and the like, I have incorporated the OpenCSV library originated by Glenn Smith, et al, pursuant to its offering under the Apache Licence 2.0 as well. Further information and downloads at: OpenCSV at SourceForge
Next: Download and Install